5 Tips to Keep You Blogging
Hello fellow readers and writers,
I’ve been absent lately and I apologize. Life caught up with me and the thing that went to the wayside was, unfortunately, my blog. In light of this, here are 5 tips to keep you on track, in blogging, in writing, in whatever you’re doing in life!
1. Work ahead. If you have a great idea, but you don’t have a blog post due for another two weeks, write it anyways! Writing while inspiration strikes, or while you have time is always a great idea. Even if you end up having two or three blog posts archived, it’ll come in handy for those times when your creative juices aren’t flowing as easily.
2. Create a schedule. This doesn’t just mean what day and what time; this also includes content. Knowing what you want to post about each week will help to keep from floundering on weeks when the well is dry. Is it okay to go off the content schedule? ABSOLUTELY. Especially if something in your everyday life has piqued your interest, but it’s always a good idea to have that content schedule to fall back on.
3. Create a publishing schedule. Online tools are great. You can write a blog post at 2am when you have your middle-of-the-night buzz, or at 7am after your coffee jolt kicks in, but do you want to publish it right then? Probably not. Stick to your time and day schedule by using an online tool to schedule when you want your blog post to go live. Simple as that. Never miss a blog post again because you were distracted with your adorable puppy or invested in a new TV show.
4. Pick an interesting topic. This does not mean you should go out and do a bunch of research on the most interesting topics and only blog about those. Pick the topics that interest YOU and write about those. If you’re passionate about something, you’re more likely to keep with it, to stick to a schedule, and to have the inspiration to write more articles. Even if it’s something obscure, if you’re interested in it, chances are someone else is too.
5. Last, but certainly not least, JUST HAVE FUN. We all only have so much time on this earth, so guys, don’t sweat the small stuff. If you forget to schedule a post, slap it up there a day late, or a week late. Don’t sweat it, no one is judging you. Or maybe they are, but who cares? You certainly shouldn’t. You’re the one doing the hard part. THE WRITING. They’re just reading through it.
Any bloggers out there have some great advice? Tell me in the comments!
You all still with me? Good, because for all you faithful readers, I'd like to announce my first contest! A 4th of July themed short story, no longer than 2,000 words, winner to be announced on the 4th of July! What do you win, you ask? Your story will be published on my blog. Please submit all stories to me at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th.
All my love.